Tuesday, 20 December 2016

A Christmas Illustration to You From Me

When I was a young girl you would often find me doing something creative. Whether it was drawing, painting or colouring my artistic supplies were always out and scattered everywhere. 

 

I got such satisfaction from giving these pictures to relatives and friends meant for the door of their fridge's (even if they didn't end up there), but most of them were left out on a regular basis for my mum when she returned from her overnight shifts at a supermarket.

Anyhow, my passion for art continued into my teens, which was when I discovered a likeness for design too. During this time I studied both subjects at school and not long after left college with a diploma in Graphic Design.
 
Even though I don't work in this area of job people are not expecting a shop-bought card from me at Christmas, so all of the artistic supplies come out once again.
 
 
Here is the finished result for 2016 - A barn owl perched on a stand in the blustery winds.
I do own up to the fact that I have to look at a picture for inspiration first, then I do a sketch, photocopy it, paint that piece, scan it into the computer and finally, use some minor editing tools.
 
Either cards or gift tags are what I have used this on. The latter completed with a candy cane and ribbon.
 
They normally get positive feedback, which is nice to hear after hours of effort.
 
 
So, I guess that I'll end this post here by saying that I truly appreciate any of the stops that you have made at my blog since its launch in October 2015 and I really do hope that your Christmas and New Year are both full of cheer (hey, that rhymed!)

What are your plans for this Christmas season?
Do you have any projects on the go?
post signature
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment