Wednesday, 9 November 2016

Next Destination... Almeria, Spain

Travelling abroad in October worried me slightly. Like the majority of people, I hope for sunshine when going away to another country – especially as autumn has well and truly arrived by this time back in Britain, making it colder.


Obviously I have no control over the weather, but the 25 (plus) degrees Celsius heat caused delight for me indeed when my mum, dad and I settled in upon arriving at our accommodation. The temperature was actually better than when we have been to other parts of Spain in May.

 
 The four-star rated Playadulce Hotel is where we were booked in for a seven-night stay.
With approximately 237 guest rooms, this building was a lot larger than the apartment structures that we usually opt for.

The decor inside was definitely unlike anywhere else we had been before too. While some of the rooms were dressed in a usual manner, ours had, wait for it… a Western theme!

We didn’t require the double-decker bus bed, however a flat screen television with cable and two bathrooms (one with a shower) were all very much appreciated. As well as posters advertising famous films of this genre lining the corridor, there was also saloon music too when you walked along this area (thankfully it couldn’t be heard throughout the night).


Overlooking the seafront, our location in Aguadulce was really great for visiting places.
You could either walk along the stretch of pavement next to the beach (which was pretty much empty!) or catch the bus, which came regularly, to take you elsewhere. There were two castles nearby completely free to get into - one in the main town of Almeria that took under 30 minutes to get to via four-wheeled transport. This was probably the best place for shops and where my parents bought me a pair of tan earrings with a crystal frame for just a single Euro.

Now, let’s talk food, which to me, is a big part of any holiday.
Due to my acid reflux I eat extremely slowly, but I still get satisfaction from eating my favourite meals and those that I haven’t tried before either. Unfortunately, this was the only letdown for our duration because there aren't many restaurants nearby, and those that there were either served tapas (small Spanish dishes) or charged around £10 or more per person - adding up to quite a hefty total price when done every evening.


I would recommend going for an All Inclusive or Half Board package if you think of journeying over to this part of the country. We had Bed and Breakfast, which included continental choices like cereal, fresh fruit, toast and cooked options such as pancakes, omelettes, fried egg, bacon etc. Most mornings we plated up something hot and then had cold food and snacks (purchased from the local supermarkets) at lunch and dinner.

Taking a look back at my last post and you will know from what I wrote that it was my 23rd birthday two days before we were due to fly home. After taking a pleasant hike, we settled down at the marina close to us for an afternoon meal where I cheerfully tucked into spaghetti carbonara and home-made bread topped with yummy tzatziki sauce (and tomato ketchup of course!). The hotel was also kind enough to leave an iced bottle of bubbly in our room too, which was a nice sight to return to.

If you have been to Spain which part was it?
post signature
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. I just this blogpost whilst watching Rick Stein's Long Weekend, so it's a double dose of escapism for me right now! I haven't been on holiday for a very long time but Spain is the country that I have been to the most and have fond memories of it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool! I hope that the combination of viewing both together have you thinking about booking a sunshine break away soon.

      Tasmin ox

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete