Tuesday, 25 October 2016

My Blogs First Birthday and Turning Twenty-Three

Once upon a time I didn't think it was possible to have two birthdays, and logically its not, but my blog hitting the one year mark is still enough of an excuse to bring out cake (and candles).


 
The weeks seem to fly by these days and it's been a whole twelve months since I first launched this online personal space. Opting for a Mr Kipling Bakewell slice and a hot cup of water (my regular heated drink) I reflected on my active posts.

Although I aim to, I don't always publish every single week. This is because all that I do make live I want to be proud of and this takes a lot of work - From the writing to the images, to making sure that the content is appealing to my readers. Truly, I try not to fret about my audience number. I just hope that what they do read encourages them to revisit - this is my prime goal.
 
My cards - The little one was from the hotel that we stayed in. (Check out the second next paragraph).
Gifts - Tartan bow clip + DVDs: Jonas - Volume 3 | Georgia Rules | Family Guy - Season One | Collage Road Trip | Princess Diaries 2.
 
Just 48 hours later and it was my own birthday.
I have a much more relaxed approach to celebrating growing older now. Like most kids, when I was under ten I had little parties with my school friends where there would be a bouncy castle. Then in my teens I made the effort to have a concert or show booked around the date, such as seeing Katy Perry live for my 18th. 
 
 Bow Pyjama Set: Patchwork rose print crop trousers & plain black t-shirt | Navy blue polka pom-pom slipper boots | Owl sock trio | Crystal flower clip | Killer Sudoku puzzle book | Disney's Sonny With a Chance CD album.

Last year I was full of cold on the actual day, so (even though it sounds mad) my mum and I wrapped up warm and went for a walk in the local area and then watched 'The Santa Claus 3' with the wood burner lit. Not long ago my mum and dad surprised me by arranging a holiday to Almeria in Spain during the week of my twenty-third. Disney movies were not forgotten about though, with me sticking 'The Hunchback of Notre-Dame' and 'Mulan' in the DVD player a few days before jetting off. (There will be more on our sunshine break soon).

 Most of the gifts that I receive from my parents are those that I have seen at our local boot fair throughout the year, which are then put by for my birthday or at Christmas. They do this to ensure that I'll like the items that I am given and I've usually forgotten about what we've picked up.

Floral top | The Worst Witch storybook | Special K cereal bars: Hazelnut & Almond | Ice-cream scoop | Bear socks | Hair bow clips | Writing pad & sticky notes | Animal lid lip balm tins.
 
As you can probably tell I like many different things and I was really pleased with the thoughtful pieces that I opened (including the two meant as a little joke) - especially when all I asked for was some new pyjamas and slippers! 
My parents had also put great effort into wrapping everything with NYC, London and Marilyn Monroe paper.
 
I'm just happy with a meaningful card when changing age, but how about you? 
Are you all about the prezzies, claiming the first slice of an enormous cake, or is hosting a
get-together with family and friends your type of thing? 
post signature
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment