Wednesday, 11 May 2016

In the Limelight... May

 I am liking the month of May already just because the sun has finally made an appearance. 

 

Over the past week I've come across some interesting stories. I have however, managed to whittle them down to my top five, and here they are...  



Hair today, gone tomorrow.
It is quite unbelievable how a giant discussion can occur from someone in the public eye changing their image. When I logged into Twitter recently the worldwide trend of #RIPJustinHair made me think straight away that another famous name had departed this earth. After seeing the associated pictures I then knew what the story was all about... Justin Bieber had parted with his famous mop.
 
It didn't bother me when the Canadian twenty-something had dreadlocks and neither does his newly shaved head - As long as he doesn't start messing with pink and blue dyes.

Striking the right Cord.
Demi Lovato and Nick Jonas are two individuals who I have supported ever since the Camp Rock days. I like keeping up to date with their latest projects, whether it is music or film related, and I had a bit of a chuckle at their latest - A collaboration with UK funnyman James Corden!

The trio got together for a sidewalk rendition of Nick's hit 'Jealous' for 'The Late Late Show' that James hosts in America. This indeed does look entertaining and I really need to take five minutes out to watch it.

Lesson time!
'School Of Rock' is a film that I can sit through again and again, so I was excited to read that the 2003 flick has now been turned into a live show. I would definitely book my tickets had it been in London's West End and not Broadway, but you never know, circumstances may change.

The stage production obviously got leading star Jack Black's attention, as he turned up at one of the performances. He presents himself as such a cool guy - which I hope he is!

Another Bear Grylls programme comes to an end.
All of expert survivor Bear Grylls television shows seem to air around the same time of the year. First it was ITV's Bear Grylls: Mission Survive that finished in April and now Channel 4's The Island with Bear Grylls televised the last installment this month. 

It really is quite inspiring witnessing human beings from regular backgrounds, plus sometimes celebrity names, enter into the wild and prove that it is possible to live with only the very basics
Although many arguments are usually part of the taped coverage, strong bonds are often made between all of those involved, which is great to see - Though, that doesn't mean I'll be signing up any time soon!

Celebrate the life and work of two musical icons with Glastonbury.
As a child 'The Labyrinth' was a movie that I can remember watching a lot, so I was very familiar with David Bowie who starred in it. My dad has been a massive fan of the 'Heroes' superstar since his teens and I would often borrow his albums.

The announcement of his death was such a massive shock, the same goes for fellow musician Prince. I don't always tune into watch Glastonbury, but our family will ensure that we do at the end of June with plans confirmed for a tribute to the pair.

What current piece of news has stood out for you?
post signature
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment