Saturday, 16 April 2016

On the Menu Today... Dobbies Afternoon Tea

For as long as I can remember one thing that has been written down on my bucket list is to be present at a cream tea.

 
This week I was able to place a bright green tick next to my hoped-for experience when a guest and myself were invited to attend one of these afternoon sit-down meals. Dobbies are an established garden centre, with exactly 35 stores located across the UK. However it isn't just products to liven up your outdoor area that they retail in, the respectable company also sell house furniture, books, children's toys and a lot more. 

Each time I have visited my local branch my eyes (and my nose) has been drawn towards their restaurant. All of the recently prepared meals that I have seen from behind the counter always look particularly tasty and smell glorious. Furthermore, the menu prices for any food items ordered are just as satisfying.
 
 
 Dobbies provide four extremely tempting Afternoon Tea packages for two people starting from the pleasant cost of just £8. While the cheapest option consists of freshly baked scones with fruit jam and luscious clotted cream, plus a choice of either a pot of House Tea or a cafetiere of Filter Coffee, the others include some scrumptious extras.
 
Knowing her love for all of the edibles served in this traditional offering I asked my mum to be my plus one - to which she gladly obliged. 
 
As we both prefer a nice hot brew over a bottle of wine (don't call us mad!), we shied away from the 
deal that contained Prosecco on the listing and opted for the 'Luxury' bundle at £15 per couple.
 
Upon our arrival we were greeted by the ever so friendly Paul who looked after us over the 90 minutes that we stayed. Along with delivering us with our three-tier stand of inviting goodies, he happily refilled our drink containers free of charge.
 
 
Our order included: 
Finger sandwiches:
With a variety of fillings.
  Plain scones:
  Plus fruit jam, clotted cream and chocolate dipped strawberries.
 Cakes:
A mixture with cream additions.
 Tea or coffee:
A pot of either.
 
I had such an enjoyable time in a welcoming atmosphere. 
Being such fantastic value for money any of these Afternoon Tea packages would be ideal as a gift or as a treat for either gender.*
 
For more information about Dobbies, their Afternoon Tea Packages and to find your nearest store, please view their website:  
https://www.dobbies.com/
 post signature
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment