Wednesday, 14 October 2015

Time to Take a Visit to... Oxfordshire

Exploring new destinations is something that I take great delight in doing.


Along with an ever-growing list of countries that I would like to take a plane ride over to, there are many of places around the UK only a few hours drive away which I would like to stroll along the pavements of, catching sight of their local attractions as I do so.

With my parents new purchase of a motorhome we can now easily take advantage of packing up a bag of things and hitting the road to somewhere different from our usual environment, and this time we all decided on a weekend in Oxfordshire.

 Following our Friday night arrival we awoke on Saturday morning to carry out our plans for the day, of which started with catching the Park and Ride to the town's City Centre. Looking very alike Cambridge, it boasted plenty of historic buildings, as well as a good quantity of fetching shops (I was absolutely thrilled to spot that they had a Primark!)



Like
most people I think highly of an appealing bit of cake, so when I came across The Cake Shop with an array of heavenly options I just had to pop inside. 
Whether you just fancy a delicious snack or are in-a-pickle over an upcoming birthday or wedding gift, then I would suggest browsing their website.

Grabbing a McDonald's ice-cream sundae, counting the everlasting number of vintage bicycles that are matched with the wicker baskets (I need one in my life!) and buying a couple of sale items in Primark were the final things we did before going back to the motorhome.



On the following day, before returning home, mum, dad and I bought entrance tickets into Blenheim Palace. The virtual tour is the brilliant approach that they welcome you with for discovering all that there is to know about this World Heritage Site. 

Combined with this 18th-Centurary-structure that was put together as a present for John Churchill, (and is Winston Churchill's birthplace) is acres of land, a gift shop and a café.



I particularly liked the pretty Rose Garden, and the fact that you can upgrade to an annual pass for free is even better. We are undoubtedly going again next year.

Top: Reduced to £1 | Dress: Reduced to £2.
Both from Primark.
post signature 
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment